• With the acquisition of Varig on March 28, GOL becomes one of the largest airlines in Latin America, transporting over 20 million passengers a year.
• On July 1, GOL signs an agreement to sell Delta Air Lines tickets, allowing for faster connections between the two airlines.]
• GOL is the first Brazilian airline to offer a service that allows passengers to complete their check-in using only their mobile phone. The project was launched at Santos Dumont Airport in Rio de Janeiro.
• GOL installs self-service kiosks at Brazil’s major airports. Passengers that use these kiosks don’t have to go to the check-in counters and save time.
• GOL enters agreements with American Airlines and Air France/KLM to operate codeshare flights, which also offer mileage program benefits.