Keeping up with tourism trends makes us reflect and evaluate how it can impact our business. Over a research on travel and tourism industry trends for 2020, we present to you the main ones.
- Technology for the tourist experience: of course, technologies are increasingly advanced and have reached the tourist activity; and what I have read leads me to believe that they must go far in what can improve, facilitate and enhance the experience at every stage of a trip. Here in Brazil, I feel that companies are focused on technologies for managing their business, and perhaps it is essential to understand how we can put them in favor of our customers. Understanding and facilitating the visitor’s life is crucial to success in these times.
- Conscious travel: The sustainability of a destination is increasingly valued, it is a new behavior that already marks the daily lives of people in their cities of residence and now expands to their travels. Sustainability here is about the healthy environment, respect for the local culture, appreciation of the identity of the destination and, above all, an eco-responsible commitment during the stay in the destination. This is not to say that there are no more tourists who do not behave consciously, which may lead local authorities to campaign for information and orientation to the visitor. We have entered the era of zero carbon travel and this trend should lead people to cities still little known or visited, not to overtourism on the part of the tourist.
- Necessity of the human presence: Even with the advancement of the automation and virtual attendance processes, the business and leisure travelers somehow, at some point of the travel buying and living process, have answers from humans, not from robots. Even though this need is present in all economic areas, in tourism it has special value, because the needs of customers must be understood and met by people; This requires, according to each business, to understand when human interaction comes in that can consolidate a sale or satisfy a customer’s demand.
- Experience! Experience!: People increasingly want to transform and improve their lives through travel; They want to know before they travel what they can experience at their destination. And it is not a single activity, they are various, diverse and fun. In addition to being a challenge for destinations (who need to seriously revise their limited or repetitive offers and reinvent themselves creatively), it is a marketing challenge, as you need to bring potential customers closer to what they can live on. destiny. Virtual reality will help you experiment before you buy, influencers will give you an idea of what might happen at your destination, friends and relatives will convey with enthusiasm or indifference what happened in a certain place during your trip. The destination will have to offer many richer experiences and attractions to meet the needs of its visitors.
- Multi-Generation Travel: Little time to share with family, active longevity, and willingness to share experiences with loved ones are increasingly present in our lives. For the trips, groups will be formed with people who have different needs, who do different activities and want to have time together without problems and setbacks. Understanding what each customer wants and customizing services is the recipe for a successful trip between parents, children, grandparents, friends.